Friday, August 21, 2015

Friday's Thought - Facing my Fears


One thing that I have learned in my years here on earth is that fear can paralyze you!  It can grab a hold of you and not let you go until you realize that the only way to escape is by your actions!

I have one major fear - the fear of unemployment.  I have worked outside of the home for almost 25 years but I am now faced with the ending of my job in the not so far future.  When I first heard about this I was in shock and denial.  THEN...I was scared...so much so I really did not know which way to turn.  I am not old enough yet to retire so I really do need to continue working.  I think that I have had two interviews in 25 years?  What is acceptable wear these days?  Is my resume strong enough?  What do I want to do when I grow up?  These are all questions that I faced and needed to address quickly.

It would be so easy just to sit back and let the pieces fall where they may...afterall...I am scared!  BUT...I am even more fearful of being "owned" by fear.

I made the decision that only I can take control of my situation.  I have no control over the fact that my company is downsizing but I do have control of how I handle this situation!  I can take ownership of my fear by updating my resume, getting my "go to interview" clothes ready and network...network...network.  YES...I can do this.  






I faced fear in the face and so far - I am winning!  Fear - you can so go away and find another home...for you are not welcome here!

No comments:

Post a Comment