Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day - 2012



Several years ago I had the honor of visiting Washington, DC,  Arlington National Cemetary and also the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier.  While this was not my first trip to Washington, DC it was the first trip that I could spend time sightseeing.


It was a emotional experience to visit the Tomb of the Unknown Soldier - someplace where I had heard about for years but had never visited.  I was amazed to watch the devotion, dedication and somber ceremony.  It touched my heart and made so proud to be an American.

I think that it is so easy to say "I am an American" but I am the first to admit that I take it for granted.  I am so proud to be an American and live in a country where I have the freedom to be who I am.  As an American woman I have the freedom to achieve my dreams.

My father was a WWII veteran as well as my step-father.  I have only heard stories of what they did or what they saw.  Unfortunately - I will never have the chance to ask them or thank them for what they sacrificed for me.

Freedom isn't free so this is just my tribute to all those who have fought for my freedom and for all of those who are fighting today for freedom of so many others.

Happy Memorial Day Y'all and...

God Bless America!

This is a post from Memorial Day 2011 but the sentiments are heartfelt each and every day!

No comments:

Post a Comment