Friday, May 31, 2013

Saturday's Journey to find Peace

We all need a special "go to" place where we can kick off our shoes, grab a glass of wine and a good book to just curl up with.






(Source Unknown)



This special place needs to allow us the opportunity to forget all of life's little problems and just let us focus on total relaxation.



I have found such spot and it is perfect for me...but before I get there...let me tell you how I found it...or should I say - how it found me?



One February I found myself headed to San Francisco for business and as San Francisco so often is - every hotel that I wanted to stay in was booked.  The company's travel agent found a small quaint hotel in Half Moon Bay.  Well - let me tell you - I had never heard of Half Moon Bay but it did offer a roof over my head and a bed to sleep ii n so I said "yes" to the hotel.



Little did I know that Half Moon Bay was my destiny.  I had not a clue where the directions were taking me but I knew I was driving west through the winding mountain roads between the hustle of San Francisco - and the Pacific Ocean.



When I arrived at my destination I was overwhelmed by the peacefulness of this sleepy and charming little town on the Pacific.  Little did I know just how special it would become to me.



On the day that I was due to leave the Bay Area - I left early enough to take the scenic route to the airport - north up Hwy 101.  Since I had plenty of time I decided to visit the beach.  It was a cool Saturday morning and the beach was completely deserted.  The waves were crashing against the shore and there was a bit of fog seen in the distant.  It was nothing short of breathtaking.  With each mile of my journey northward I couldn't help but feel at total peace with my life.  The glorious scenery along this path - with the waves of the Pacific Ocean reaching out to meet the rocky shores of the beach would remain with me forever. 


Source - Pat's mobile phone
Source - Pat's Mobile phone

Source - Pat's Mobile Phone

While one could say that it was the Travel Agent that introduced me to this peaceful place - I like to think that it was destiny that brought me here and a quest to find that peacefulness that brings me back time and time again.

I highly recommend that you add Half Moon Bay to your list of places to visit/see.  I don't think that you will find a more peaceful and relaxing place!

No comments:

Post a Comment