Friday, October 9, 2015

Frugal Friday - Saving Money Motivates me (and may bank account!)






I love saving money...it is almost like a competition to me...to find a way to save as much $$$ as I can.

While I am not the most frugal person on the face of the earth I have devised a plan that works well for me but let it be known...I am always looking for a way to save more!

Today I am only going to address  how to save money at the grocery store.  Let's face it...there are tons and tons of ways to save money in our day to day life.

(source unknown)

Do you clip coupons?  If so - do you hate it as much as I do?  What is more tedious than cutting out, organizing and let us not forget...take the coupons with us on our shopping trips!  I will take one for the team if it means that I will save money.  I have three ways of collecting coupons:

1)  Clip coupons from the newspapers each week
2)  Clip coupons from online coupon sites (coupons.com is a great site) 
3)  Use electronic coupons from your favorite grocer store.

Let's talk about electronic coupons for a bit.  I normally shop at one grocery store - Kroger.  They oftentimes have great sales and if you pair it with a coupon...even better.  I also love their online coupons.  Just go in...input your Kroger Plus card number, create a count and voila...sff those weeejkt electronic coupons to your account and there is no need to get the scissors out to cut paper coupons.  SO VERY EASY!

A couple of other things that I like about Kroger...each time you spend $100 at their store - you qualify for $0.10 off per gallon on their gasoline.  Everybody has to buy groceries...so why not save money on your monthly gas bill as well?  Double bonus in my mind!

Several times a year Kroger also offers 4X gas points when you purchase gift cards there.  So if you were to buy a $100 gift card (gift cards are so perfect for gift giving too!) during one of the 4X periods...you could get $0.40 off a gallon of gas instead of the normal $0.10 per gallon.  I try to always catch these 4X periods because I am always buying a gift card for someone!

(source unknown)

One other good money saving tools that I use when purchasing groceries and gas is using a credit card that pays me back a % of what I spend each month.  The key is to pay off the balance each month so not to incur huge interest balances!  I use the money that I receive back on this card to either apply it a gift card purchase.

How do you save money at the grocery store?


No comments:

Post a Comment