Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Inspirational Places to Visit


Over the years I have learned to be quiet and listen.  It is during these times  that I open my heart and soul to new life experiences.  

It is during this time that I have myself drawn to places that awaken my spirituality and allow me to see the beauty surrounding me.  The times that I have truly stopped and listened I found myself longing to travel to such places as Sedona, Arizona and El Santuario de Chimaya in New Mexico.

Through the incredible photography of  Ansel Adams  - I  found myself longing to travel to Yosemite – reputed to be one of the most peaceful, healing and inspirational places in the world to visit.  Just a few beautiful pictures by Ansel Adams that touched me in such a way that I knew that I had to visit this special place.



  It is not easy to get there – it is about a 200 mile drive east of San Francisco but it is well worth the drive!

On my first visit to Yosemite I was awestruck. You drive up through the mountains which in the beginning are just basic everyday mountains.  But quickly you realize that it is much more.  The deeper you drive into this national park you realize that you are visiting an incredible and spiritual place.    I quickly found myself lulled into a peaceful state where each waterfall that I saw was better than the last.  There are countless waterfalls in Yosemite but I think that my two favorites have to be Bridal Veil Falls and Yosemite Falls.

Source Unknown
Source Unknown

I found myself pulling over on numerous occasions to just admire the unbelievable rock formations and the natural beauty of the mountains.  

Source Unknown
Source Unknown

If you are traveling to Yosemite I would highly recommend that you stay within the park.  There is just something so inspirational about seeing the stars at night in Yosemite.  Who knows - you may even see a “falling star” and can make a special wish.

There are so many types of accommodations in Yosemite but some of my favorite includes Ahwahnee in the valley of the mountains.  Whatever you do – try to enjoy a meal in their lovely dining room.  I can not tell you what I ate there but I sure can tell you about the view from my table!

Source Unknown
Source Unknown

There is also the historic Wawona Hotel.  It is not too far inside the park so it is very easy to get to.  It boasts of a lovely parlor and the porch is – well it is just a place to go with a good book or journal.

Source Unknown
Source Unknown

Now if you are a bit more adventurous you can always camp in the Park.  If you prefer some of the rustic life with some of the amenities you can always check out the High Sierra Camp.  It will provide you with a tent cabin and some of the most incredible views of the park that you can imagine.


Source Unknown

If you have a chance to travel to Yosemite – please remember your journal and your camera!  It is my dream to make my 3rd visit to this very special place in the near future.  I hope to let my creativity soar to the heights of the glorious mountains within this beautiful park!

What inspires you?

No comments:

Post a Comment