Sunday, June 9, 2013

Raindrops keep falling on my head

This morning I woke up to the gentle sounds of rain.  All I wanted to do was just cuddle up and listen to the sounds outside my window.



I love rainy days...especially rainy days when I do not have to be somewhere!

I am sure that you are reading this and wondering why I am so excited about rain...but let me tell you a story...

Here in Texas we normally do not get rain from June until September.  It may spit on us a bit but it is rare that we get a good soaking so this morning's rain was a true treat!

During my morning walk I was quickly reminded about how much I  enjoy that special time after the rain ends.  There is a very special fragrance after the rainfall.  Everything smells fresh and clean.  There is a crispness in the air that just begs one to stop and enjoy the beauty of the moment.  I even stopped this morning to watch the leaves on a tree when the wind did its magical dance.  The raindrops fell in harmony with the wind.  It was such a peaceful moment.

You can not help but feel like all the negativity has been washed away by the rain and leaving only goodness and positivity in its wake.

Next time it rains where you live...take a walk and enjoy the glory of the cleansing rain!




No comments:

Post a Comment