Friday, January 3, 2014

Friday's Inspiration - Facing Fear

While trying to talk myself in doing my annual "goals" list...I found myself pretty much stuck.

If you have read my posts from previous years you will see that I do not believe in resolutions but in goals.  Goals are meant to be written down, documented, reviewed and checked off when completed!  Goals should have certain characteristics such as being measurable and have a timeline associated with it.

As a result of being less than motivated I realized that perhaps it is not a motivational issue but perhaps more of a fear issue.  Am I afraid of falling short of reaching my goals?  Why is it that I am so lackluster about writing down my 2014 goals...and then...it came to me in form of an email.  Read below for what I think might just be my problem!

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, and fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people will not feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It is not just in some of us; it is in everyone and as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give others permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.

    • A Return to Love: Reflections on the Principles of "A Course in Miracles", Ch. 7, Section 3 (1992)P. 190. 

      After all - if I do not write down my 2014 goals - I do not have to fear of not making my goals...right?

      But there is a little voice inside me that keeps saying...you would never leave on a road trip without your map so why do you think that you can lead a productive life without goals?


       

No comments:

Post a Comment