Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Tuesday's Travels - Glacier National Park


There are so many wonderful things to be said about Glacier National Park including the glorious and inspirational mountains and lakes.  Any trip to Glacier will require a place to stay overnight and I am here to tell you how lucky I was to find the place that I found!

First note to anyone planning a trip to Glacier - PLAN ahead!  Accommodations are hard to come by and most places book a year in advance.  Now considering that my trip was one of those "last minute" decisions I was incredibly lucky to find a place to stay...and let me tell you how lucky!  This trip was obviously meant to be because my accommodations could not have been better.  I called the National Park number for hotel accommodations at Glacier (1.855.684.3402).  This number saved a lot of time and stress since I didn't have to go searching online for someplace to stay. 

It just so happened that when I called they had just received a cancellation and they were able to find me two nights in a lodge at the Historic Tamarack Lodge in Hungry Horse, Montana.  This facility is not in the actual park but just about as close to the West entrance as you can get!

When we drove up to the lodge we were quickly taken with the site of the main lodge.  It was an old, beautiful log cabin that just welcomed you to walk into the front door!  Once I walked into the rustic but yet updated building I was greeted by a staff member who made me feel like I was a long lost friend!  He informed me that he had a very special cabin for us...the Griz...and it was just a few steps away from the main lodge.





Isn't it just the cutest cabin????

This rambling establishment has several cabins as well as lodge rooms in which to stay.  I loved the fact that I could walk outside the cabin, sit on the porch and gaze up into the stars at night.  One note to know though - no air conditioning but you really do not need it!  I opened the windows at night and actually found myself a bit cold. 

Another thing that I loved about the Tamarack Lodge was the tons of outdoor space which included picnic tables, old wooden swings and a fire pit!  Can you just imagine roasting marshmallows over the open fire and the delicious s'mores you could make?


Another favorite place to spend some time had to be the great hall in the lodge.  It was such a warm and inviting place.  With the huge fireplace and the comfy furniture - I just wanted to curl up and read a book.

 
Isn't this the perfect spot to have your morning coffee?

I found myself leaving all the stress behind and enjoying the peaceful and relaxing atmosphere of the Historic Tamarack Lodge.  I found myself re-energized and at total peace with life during my stay!

I am so ready to go back again...and will some day.  

The thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own.  I am not in any way receiving reimbursement for my thoughts and opinions!

No comments:

Post a Comment