Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Tuesday's Travels - Portland, Oregon

I just spent 6 weeks in the Seattle area which consisted of some weekends in the Pacific Northwest which meant that I also had some downtime on the weekends.
 
What is a girl who loves to travel do?  She finds a new destination to travel to.  Well...this was one of the easiest decisions that I have ever had to made.  I was headed to Portland, Oregon.  Why Portland you ask?  WELL..someone very special moved to Portland a few years ago and I always said that I would visit her some day...and that some day had arrived.
 
I quickly made my plans (and appointment) to visit Jenny Wells - Hairstylist Extraordinaire!
 
I met Jenny years ago (we are not going to say how many because why date us...right?) at Burt Grant Salon here in Texas.  An appointment with her always meant that you would walk out with incredible hair but you would find yourself laughing so hard at her antics.  It was always such a treat to visit with her.  Imagine how sad I was to hear that she was relocating to Portland.  I mean - I was happy for her because she would be surrounded by her family but gosh...I was really going to miss her.
 
I was so excited to hear that she found her new home in Portland - Mia Bella Salon.  All I had to do was to get to Portland to see her again!
 
 
 
 (source unknown)
 
This is how I found myself one Saturday driving from Seattle, Washington to Portland, Oregon...a 3 hours drive.  I had my trusty GPS as well as my Smart Phone Drive program.  You see - I am directionally challenged and even with both of these tools - I still managed to get a bit lost along the way...but oh my...the scenery along the way was beautiful. 
 
 
I spent several hours with Jenny at her new salon and walked out with a new look...as noted - she is hairstylist extraordinaire! 
 
 
Our loss here in Texas is Portland's gain.  If any of you readers out there in Portland are looking for a special hairstylist  I promise you a visit to Jenny Wills at Mia Bella will not disappoint.  The salon is located in a quaint old home that just welcomes you the minute you enter the front door.  If you do visit Jenny - please tell her hello for me!
 
AND...I can not end this post without telling you how beautiful Portland is.  I was overwhelmed by the incredible mountain and water views.  Portland - I will be back...but until then...I will just feast my eyes on the pictures!
 
 (source unknown)
 (source unknown)
(source unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment