Monday, August 3, 2015

Monday's Motivation

Good morning Y'all!

It has been such a very long time since I have blogged and I have truly missed it.  Let's just call it a short vacation!

Today's blog is a hodgepodge of thoughts floating in my little ole brain.

First thing first - today is the first day of the rest of my life.  Today is the day that I am going to kick the nasty habit of drinking soft drinks.  YES...I love my soft drinks but I am determined that my life will be so much better without them.  And...my hips will appreciate it too!

Secondly - I originally started this blog to document those special moments in my life so I would not forget them when I was old and gray!  It quickly transformed into a blog where I offered motivational thoughts for all those who needed them.  And guess what?  I noticed the more that I blogged "happy" thoughts or motivational thoughts - the more impact that it had on my life.  I will continue to post motivational blogs along the way but I also want to document other life experiences.  So without further delay - here comes Monday's Motivation.  Not only is today a new day, it is also a new beginning...a new opportunity to start over again!



Since I am dedicating this day to a new beginning - what better way than to set some goals on how to make the most of each and every day!  I challenge you to create your own new beginning.  Listed below are some of the ways that I plan on making my day the best day ever!

Today I will start the day on a positive note.  I will accomplish this by reading a daily motivational book.  I personally prefer "Journey to the Heart" by Melody Beattie.

Each morning - I will drink 8 ounces of water.  Why?  Well for several reasons..during sleep you body loses much of its hydration.  By drinking water you re-hydrate yourself and feel so much better.  It also makes you fill full so you will be unlikely to stuff food into your mouth.  I will drink my water each morning even before that first cup of coffee!

Now - let's talk breakfast - breakfast is so important and something that I sometimes forget.  My goal is to eat breakfast each morning.  It could be something as simple as yogurt but it needs to be something!

I will also remember to stretch.  You know how much better you feel when you stretch right?  I may not have a chance to workout each morning but a good morning stretch makes me feel so much better!  Sounds simple...right?  When was the last time that you really stretched?

A new morning routine is just that...a routine...something that I need to create each and every day...but...today is a new day!

What do you do each morning to ensure that your day gets started on a positive note?

No comments:

Post a Comment