Thursday, July 7, 2016

Gratitude - Why it is so important to be grateful


During this journey of life I have discovered one important thing about myself.  The more grateful that I am - the more blessings I seem to have in my life!  

I have a favorite saying that was at one time my tagline in my professional email - "Your attitude determines your altitude".  I believe this with my whole heart.






I like to end each day with a verbal list of things that I am grateful for that happened in my life that day.  No matter how difficult my day may have been - remember the one or two things that made the day better helps me realize that I have much to be grateful for and not so much to be frustrated at.

I have decided that it is time to do a gratitude jar that can be a visual confirmation of my many things to be grateful for.  I am going to write down at least one thing each day that happened during that day that made me smile.  I will date it, write it down and place it in my jar. Then on New Year's Day - I will take these little pieces of paper out and review my year!  Isn't that a great way to start a New Year?

I just need to find the perfect container for my thoughts.  I could probably find something here at home that I can use but I think that I want something special!  The one shown below is LARGE and can hold a lot of pieces of paper.  I would place this by my bed and each night before falling asleep jot down one or more gratitude moments of the day!

I found this one on Etsy and it is only $15! 





Source - A Wonderful Journey - Etsy Store



I also like this Gratitude Jar because it comes with the cutest little pieces of coordinated paper that you can use for your daily notes!   It is a bit more expensive at $25 but it is so cute!!!  Don't you think?

 Source - Ayannaandco - Etsy Store


If you haven't tried the act of finding something each day to be grateful for...I encourage you to do so.  It will change your whole attitude.  Maybe not today or tomorrow but it will grow on you!

No comments:

Post a Comment