Sunday, July 3, 2016

Sunday's Inspiration - Getting ready to leave your comfort zone

(Source unknown)

Several years ago I was given a job opportunity that I was really not prepared to do.  I was told that I would be given on the job training and not to worry about a thing!  Famous last words!  I was given a few days of training and then thrown into to the job by myself.  It was highly technical and very scary!

There were days when I just wanted to cry and throw my hands up...saying "I can't do this".  One day I woke up and while dreading to go to work - I made a decision.  I decided that I was not going to let this job get the best of me...that I was a survivor and that I could do this job.  I was on a mission front that point on.

It was that day that I left my comfort zone and realized that I could do this!

To this day - that moment in my life is that "light bulb" moment where I realized that I could venture outside my comfort zone and still be okay!  That moment was that pivotal point in my life that made me strive to reach for more of those moments where I could find personal growth and become more comfortable in taking a chance on myself

No comments:

Post a Comment