Sunday, July 10, 2016

Sunday's Reflections and Inspiration





 
(Photo Credit: Joseph Haubert)

 
It has been an odd week this week here in Dallas....a week of celebration (July 4th) and week of sadness as five brave men gave their lives to protect the lives of others.


(source unknown)


My heart is heavy today as I write this blog.  Tears continue to roll down my face with each word that I type.  There are many other families that are crying now and asking why their sons, husbands, fathers, and brothers will not be around for the next family birthday, the next celebration of life or another day to see the sunrise.  To all that have lost a family member, remember you are not alone in your grief and your tears.  Today we remember a newlywed, a man who was a father to a 2 year old...a daughter that will only know her father through others. 

I will admit - I have been crying from my city for two days now.  I now wonder if I will ever feel safe in this beautiful place known as Dallas-Fort Worth.
 
Today we awaken to the sun rising again and we are thankful for those that have made it their life to protect us!  I can only hope that the five who gave their lives to protect us did not do so in vain.  I only hope that this senseless killing of these men help in some way to mend our city and help us become closer and not so fragmented.  We are not perfect by any means but let's make our city a more loving place!



 (source unknown)








No comments:

Post a Comment