Thursday, July 28, 2016

The importance of Writing your goals


I am a firm believer in writing down my goals.  The problem is that I don't seem to find time to really do justice to my goals.  *laughing*  I will write "generic" goals - such as visit one place that I have never been to before but (and this is where I am not doing myself any favors here) my goals are not what could be considered functional goals.  In other words, they are not really specific enough.  

Let's take my goal of wanting to visit some place that I have never been before.  When do I want to complete this goal?  Where do I want to go?  How am I going to get there?  These types of questions make a very generic goal into a SMART goal...specific (where do I want to visit), measurable (what is my timeframe for this goal) attainable (this is a very realistic goal), relevant and timely.

So - my lesson of the day is to do a much better job of writing down my goals including daily, weekly and monthly as well as making my goals are realistic and I know the steps that I need to take to achieve my goal.

More importantly, I need to make sure that I do not beat myself up if I do not accomplish a daily goal - what I will do is just move it to the top of the list for the next day!

No comments:

Post a Comment