Sunday, September 9, 2012

Sunday's Inspiration - Russian River, California

Over the years I have been fortunate to work for companies that allow me to travel on business.  Some of these locations were probably places that I would not have had a chance to travel to if not for business.  Whenever I take a business trip I try to arrange it in such a way that I have some time to spend on sightseeing and getting to find the beauty and inspiration in each of these locations.  I have traveled from the East Coast to the West Coast, in South America and to Europe.  I have loved each and every place that I have traveled to and love to find those special places that inspire me.

In the late 90's I was traveling quite a bit to the San Francisco Bay area - have to love Silicon Valley and it was on one of these trips that I discovered a very special place indeed!

There is a place in Northern California where the Russian River meets the Pacific Ocean...Jenner, CA in Sonoma County.  There is something so different about beaches in Northern California. There was something so magical and unique  about seeing this winding river merge with the giant ocean.  At some parts of the beach you would find it rocky and other times and at other places you would find a serene beach...rocky and calm - much like real life - wouldn't you say?  While visiting there was a soft misty fog floating over the beach allowing a beautiful view of the specialness that is Northern California.


 (source unknown)

 While this shoreline is much different from the other tropical beaches that so many of us are familiar with - this one offers its own style of relaxation.   If I could paint I would surely paint a picture like this!


(source unknown)
Just know that if you are going there - that water is C-O-L-D  *brrrrrr*

What is truly amazing is that the journey to this location is incredible - through the beautiful Northern California mountains - truly inspirational just driving through these mountains (I find driving relaxing anyway) and I could just feel the stress of life released with each beautiful mile that I passed.

 Next time I visit the area I will return - but this time with a beach blanket and a picnic spot ...and of course my favorite journal to record the moment!

(source unknown)

No comments:

Post a Comment