Do you say a daily affirmation?
An affirmation is a short, positive statement that if repeated several times during the day reprograms our self-conscious beliefs. How many times have we said to ourselves…”I can not believe how stupid that was…or I can not believe I did that”. Affirmations are positive comments that replace the negative beliefs with positive beliefs.
Some possible affirmations might include:
Affirmations for Self Esteem
· When I believe in myself, so do others
· I express my needs and feelings
· I am my own unique self - special, creative and wonderful
Affirmations for Joy and Happiness
· Life is a joy filled with delightful surprises
· My life is a joy filled with love, fun and friendship all I need do is stop all criticism, forgive, relax and be open.
· I choose love, joy and freedom, open my heart and allow wonderful things to flow into my life.
· I prosper wherever I turn and I know that I deserve prosperity of all kinds
· The more grateful I am, the more reasons I find to be grateful
· I pay my bills with love as I know abundance flows freely through me.
I have a daily affirmation taped to my bathroom mirror (just a plain 3x5 index card) so it is the first thing that I see in the morning and I continue to repeat it throughout the day. I then replace it with another one before going to bed.
It is amazing at how quickly affirmations become a part of your life and how they DO work!
I encourage you to try this for a week and see if you don’t see immediate results!
My affirmation for the day: