Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Tuesday's Travels - Sante Fe, New Mexico

Have you even been to Santa Fe, New Mexico?

I have had the pleasure of traveling there on two different occasions and really can not wait to travel there again.  If you are looking for a trip that will offer relaxation, serenity, and peacefulness - Santa Fe should be on your short list of places to visit!

First I must comment on the sunsets.  My first trip to Santa Fe had me arriving around sunset and the beauty of the New Mexico sunset was breathtaking.  I think that at that very moment I realized how special the area was!  The glorious pastels of the sunset was like nothing I had ever seen!

Source Unknown
Source Unknown
Source Unknown
Santa Fe offers something for everyone.  Are you a history buff?  Did you know that Santa Fe is the oldest state capital in the U.S...now that is old!  Also Santa Fe has the oldest church in the United States - San Miguel Mission  and next to it, the oldest house  Needless to say you can view some incredible architecture.  Prepare yourself to be amazed!

Source Unknown
Source Unknown
The history just oozes from the downtown market area.  You can shop to your heart's content in the downtown market place.  Looking for some Native American jewelry?  Well you have come to the right place!

Source Unknown

I can not think of a better place to find turquoise jewelry.  So many selections and some great prices!



 
 
Looking for a great place to stay?  Well - I know where I am staying on my next visit!

The Inn of the Five Graces...



Source Unknown
Source Unknown
 Source Unknown

Doesn't this place look wonderful?

Here is their website in case your interested:



If you are looking for a spiritual awakening I recommend a drive to El Santuario do Chimayo.  It is only about 23 miles away from Santa Fe and it will surely have a deep impact on your life.  Especially seeing the "healing room".  I wrote about this wonderful place here:



I can not wait to return to this beautiful city and absorb everything that it has to offer!

No comments:

Post a Comment