Saturday, June 18, 2016

You are never alone with yourself



For so long I was afraid to be alone.  I mean I hated being alone!    I think that it had everything to do with growing up and being told that it wasn't safe to be alone.  Over the years I have learned that being alone is not a bad thing!  Being alone allows me time to do some deep soul searching.  It allows me time to get to know myself better.

It was well into adulthood that I went to a movie by myself...know what I learned?  I liked it...I didn't have to share my popcorn!

It was well into adulthood that I was comfortable going into a restaurant as a party of 1.  What did I learn?  It was relaxing to go into a restaurant with my Kindle...enjoying my meal while reading.

It was well into adulthood that I learn to enjoy traveling by myself.  What did I learn?  I discovered that by traveling by myself I could go and do things that I wanted to do and not worry about if someone else was enjoying it.

It was well into adulthood that I realized that I could be alone..and what did I learn?  I learned that I could depend on myself to take care of myself!

Being alone has taught me that I can do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment