Saturday, July 13, 2013

Saturday's Wisdom - Choices

 
Well hello y'all!  I have been having some serious issues with the blog the last day or so...any other bloggers experiencing issues?
 
I wanted to take a few minutes to reflect on the quote above.  I will be the first to admit that I am sometimes my own worse enemy
 
I have and had big dreams all my life.  When I was in high school I dreamt of being a concert pianist.  I imagined myself traveling the world performing on stages across the globe.  One thing that I didn't take into consideration was the fact that anytime I had to be the "solo" performer...my knees would shake so hard that I had my very own built in percussion section!  This is so very true!  These nerves of mine just really compromised my dreams...you know?
 
While not following that dream I made adjustments along the way.  Did I sell myself short?  Did I truly disconnect from what I wanted?  Yes and no.
 
One thing that I did do in college was discover how much I loved to sing!  So - all was not lost and in allowing myself a chance to "think outside the box" I discovered my voice - literally!
 
Whatever you do - do not limit yourself.  Do not let something that happens today or happened yesterday cause you to compromise your dream!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment