Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Words for Wednesday - Discover who you are


One of the most important lessons that I have learned over the years is that I must learn to depend on myself.  I have learned that I must first love myself before I can truly love another. 
 
The same remains true for "finding oneself".  Too often people look to other people to "complete" them without really knowing who they are first.
 
If you can not be a complete person before you enter into a relationship with another person you will only become the person that your partner wants and not really be true to yourself.
 
Take some time today to reflect on who you are and what you want to be.  Find out what makes YOU happy first!  You can not depend on someone else to make you happy if you are not sure what will make you happy.
 
When it comes down to the bottom line - you must be able to depend on yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment