Sunday, July 14, 2013

Sunday's Wisdom - Positive Thoughts


You know that old saying that one should never go to bed angry with their spouse?
 
Well - why not go to bed each night with a positive thought?
 
Each night I try to end my day with a gratitude prayer.  I always try ( notice I say try) to remember to be thankful for 5 things each day!  There are some nights that my head barely touches the pillow and I am out for the count but I do at least try the majority of the time.
 
It is just my little way of being thankful for the gifts and blessings that I have in my life.  And the blessings do not have to be large ones.  I have been thankful for a summer rain that temporarily quench the dry lawn. I have been thankful for a song that I heard on the radio that brought back a special memory.  It is all about acknowledging something positive that has happened in your life that day.
 
Call me silly but I feel like this makes me sleep better too!
 
I encourage you to try it for yourself and see if you begin to see more good things than bad things in your life!


No comments:

Post a Comment