Sunday, January 23, 2011

The Southern Gene

Do you think that it is possible to be missng a "Southern" gene?

I mean - all good southern girls are born with the ability to decorate a home at the drop of a hat!  Somehow or other I think that I missed that gene.

I mean - let's take the guest bathroom.  We have been talking about refreshing that bathroom for over a year now and I keep changing my mind - each time when it comes to buying the materials for the redo - I change my mind.  I have no confidence whatsoever when it comes to redecorating.

My living room floor needs to be "redone" and I can not decide how to refresh it.  One day I want to lighten it up.  This room has such delicous wood and upgraded features including a whole wall of built in bookshelves and beautiful cathedral ceiling.  I also want to replace the one window in the room (which is right by the door going outside) with french doors.

Now - do not get me started with the kitchen.  That is a MAJOR remake that has yet to be tackled.  I want to open it up and that is going to take tons of money...and I mean tons.

I estimate that $40,000 would take care of everything that I want to do!

Okay - rushing out to buy a lottery ticket because let's face it...THAT is a lot of money!

No comments:

Post a Comment