Monday, November 25, 2013

Monday's Musing - Christmas Traditions - Part 2

Christmas Baking!

I love to prepare special treats not only for the family but also as gits.

I have a few traditional treats that I make every year because - well because it is tradition in this house!

First on the list - COOKIES!

Our favorite include but are not limited to:

Mexican Wedding Cookies



Pecan Tassies


And good old faithful Sugar cookies:




Okay - I am now getting hungry for some Christmas cookies!

I begin making the cookie dough early in December and either refrigerate or freeze the dough.  That way I can bake later in the month and always have fresh homemade cookies anytime during the month!

Oh yes - one other thing...I always use REAL Butter...can not make the perfect Christmas cookie without real butter.  

I also bake a delicious Lemon Pound Cake which I give as gifts to friends and neighbors.

While these are just a few of my favorite things I love the smell of fresh baked cookies as it fills the house!

A secret about me?  I currently have 15 pounds of butter in my freezer!  I buy it when it is on sale in late October so I will never have to worry about having enough butter for my Christmas baking!


No comments:

Post a Comment