Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Thoughts for Tuesday - Are you successful?


I was reading one of my favorite blogs this morning and the author was talking about her success at 54 years of age and it made me stop and ask myself some questions.
 
What to I have to show as success at my age?  As I pondered this question I found myself asking a few other questions.
 
What defines success?  Is it the amount of money in my banking account?  If so - I am NOT that successful!  Is it the size of my house?  Well if that is the definition of success - I am NOT that successful.  Is it the number of friends I have?  Well - to have friends you must first be a good friend.  Again...I am not that successful if it is based on friendship for I have not been that good of a friend to many lately because I have been so consumed by work the last few years.
 
Even asking myself these questions I do not consider myself a failure...I still believe that I have a very good life.  I can look myself in the mirror each day and while I see someone who is getting older each day (aren't we all?) I can still smile and laugh.  I can pay my bills, I can put food on my table and I even like who I am.  THAT my friend is what makes me successful.  I can honestly say that I like myself.  I still have the ability to smile and laugh.  Most of all I still have the opportunity to make changes in my life.
 
All in all - after doing my little inventory I feel successful!
 
Take a moment to take an inventory of yourself and give yourself a pat on the back.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment