Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Tuesday's Travels - Inspirational Journey in Northern California


I am a firm believer that sometimes we just need to be quiet and listen to where our heart leads us.  This is truly the case on a visit to Northern California.  Such is the case when I was in the San Francisco area on a business trip.  I was staying in Half Moon Bay, CA which I love...love...love...beautiful and peaceful!  I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for that special place...away for the masses...a place where you can visit with your camera...your journey and find your zen state!

This is truly one of the most wonderful places that I have ever traveled.  I found such a calming presence surrounding me and all I could do is pull my car over and just take in the beauty that was right in front of me.

Half Moon Bay Beach at sunset:




(source unknown)


(source unknown)

Another  quiet and peaceful spot at Half Moon Bay where you can just leave all your worries behind! With each visit that I make to this beautiful, white sandy beach I am truly surprised at how few people that are present during my visits.

There is also a well known restaurant in Half Moon Bay that is reported to be haunted!  I must place this on my bucket list to visit next time I am in the area!

(source unknown)

Doesn't this look like a great place to enjoy some great food?  And who knows what else you might see!



 There is also another wonderful place to visit if you are looking for that inspirational getaway!  Check out where the Russian River meets the Pacific Ocean in Sonoma County...breathtaking!

(source unknown)

I could sit here for hours just being hypnotized by the flow of the river as it meets and joins the Pacific Ocean.  I might also add - if you so desire - you can find tons of great California wineries on your way to this site!

Last but not least in my list of favorite inspirational sites in Northern California is the coastal area known as Pacifica, CA  It is one of those other places that I "accidentally" discovered.  Although I have to wonder if by just listening to my heart I was lead to this beautiful and calming place.  It is worth the drive on the curvy Hwy 101 just to behold the glory of this special beach!


(source unknown)

I hope that you too have been lucky enough to find your way to your special inspirational place.  Please feel free to share that special place with us!


No comments:

Post a Comment